Subreports: Side by side, and one down

edited 6:05PM in FastReport 4.0
30554647234260747499.jpg

Hi!
I need some help building a report with this espesific design (I attached a picture).

The idea is that the "principal data" secction should show several rows from a query lets say " select * from users"
and the "detail one" seccion should show some sumary data from those users like the department where they work
and in the "detail two" another summary as well,

just to make it clear, those summaries are per page.

I use a main page with two subreports one for the data in "principal data" secction and another for the "detail one" secction,
in both subreports I use "group header" with a break on condition.

It works fine showing "principal data" and "detail one" sections, but I've tried to print the "detail two" secction, and I can't find a way to do it right.

Hoping for help.. I'll wait.. >THANX!

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:05PM
    try making your detail2 subrep part of detail one
    you may find that this will not work out for you, and you may have to
    write code to control the output positiong of the two detail bands.
    see the user manual on using the engine object to control curx cury of the engine.
  • edited 6:05PM
    If you don't have to worry about placing DetailOne and DetailTwo on same page (I mean they both place well themselves)
    then try to put two MasterData bands: second below first. One MasterData will do job for DetailOne, the second for DetailTwo.
    I make such a layout lots of times and it works fine, even if I use GroupHeader for those MasterData band.

Mick
    gordk wrote: »
    try making your detail2 subrep part of detail one
    you may find that this will not work out for you, and you may have to
    write code to control the output positiong of the two detail bands.
    see the user manual on using the engine object to control curx cury of the engine.
    gordk:
    Thanx for your reply gordk!
    I tried to use that. I saw in the manual an example to show two groups of bands alongside each other. (using curx and cury), but when I tried to go to the "code" nothing happened, or when I select an object in the report and I click to see the "events" nothing happens either!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Maybe something is wrong with my FastReport instalation?[/img]>
    gordk wrote: »
    If you don't have to worry about placing DetailOne and DetailTwo on same page (I mean they both place well themselves)
    then try to put two MasterData bands: second below first. One MasterData will do job for DetailOne, the second for DetailTwo.
    I make such a layout lots of times and it works fine, even if I use GroupHeader for those MasterData band.

Mick
    Mick
    Thanx to you too mick!!
    I tried that. but I think.. I missed something because it did not work for me > , but! I gave me some new ideas[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I ended up putting three subreports in one masterdata. (with row count=1 and allow split=true, just like gordk told me in one previous post[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) in the main page. In short, I've put in the first subreport the "Principal data", in the second, the "data one", and in the third, the "data two", all of the master data bands with a group header with the same "break on" condition. It did the job for me...[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I think it wasn't the best way to do it..[/img]>  but I was running out of time..[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Thank you both for your answers!. Any comments, advices, remarks or something like that about the way I did it, are welcome![/img]>
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:05PM
    Maybe something is wrong with my FastReport instalation?
    What version and build and level of fr are you using? Sounds like it might be basic, to have scripting available you must have at least standard.
    I attach two files to show what I was talking about. The example is very simple (without GroupHeaders) but you may find it helpfull.

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.